Thursday, October 27, 2005

Single Vs. Married (with Children)

This is actually my favorite subject and can be a bit sensitive too. In all the companies I had work before, I was always being told - 'Hey you are single, you have so much freedom, you can save so much money'! You should be considerate with the married one, with so many mouths to feed and so many things to consider. Bottom-line the married ones should have more privileges.

With that comment, I went and look through the company benefits for single versus married employees. I found being single, we in fact has fewer privileges. I do not have coverage for my family, the married one does. During any company events, spouse is allowed for free, but I cannot bring my partner along. Family day is created because of them, not for the single one. We may end up volunteering to run the Family day event. However, yet, the Single has been branded with words like you are Richer, you are Loaded. How could this be?

Besides, today I have to pay my family bills and sometimes my siblings’ expenses. I may not see any differences in raising a child. Probably I am wrong, but definitely being Single is not easy.

5 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 01:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Love:

I totally agree with you, looking at my company medical policy - they do provide coverage to spouse + kid, but not parents.

But in my case, because i'm single - i still have to bear my parent's medical fee!! It's so Unfair!

btw, Dr Love, i thought you are single? how come u mentioned u have partner? what kind of partner eh :P

 
At 10/28/2005 04:52:00 AM, Blogger Bahija said...

Oh, i love this topic :) Being single is not any easy. u hv hilite the points liow, then hor, we single has no one to turn to , a shoulder to cry on, to lean to( i guess female thingy ) hehe. I also geram when people commented single being richer, better , bla bla bla .... i just want to say everyone has their own challenges, be it single or married , different people different priority , and I hate when one assumed one blanket fit all, or step into my territory and busy body with my life :) To me, I will try to make sure I make full use of my current status, and when i move on to another status , hmm hmm can kahwin, then I shld treasure those different experiences .... to me, I just need to make life fun , worthwhile to live :), no time to waste ....

 
At 10/28/2005 04:58:00 AM, Blogger Bahija said...

one more comment, being a female hor, i truly think my life is incomplete without goin thru the labor, being a mother :) , hoping I do have this privilege to experience, being parent is not easy at all .... hehehe

 
At 11/05/2005 10:34:00 PM, Blogger rotitelur said...

I think the big difference between single and married is the freedom. Being single is more carefree than being married.

Everything come with a price. I now appreciate my own time lots more than before.

 
At 11/06/2005 12:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Love,

A friend of mine has been dating a pretty, successful woman for 9 weeks. The girl is the only child from wealthy family. She is also very smart and attractive, working for one of the biggest law firm in NYC. Gilr like her will not have a problem getting anyone in her life. Whilst my friend is hard to describe. He lives in US for many years, making a lot of money but not sure if he saving any. He never stop looking for woman in his life. He treats his girl friend very well.

Dr Love, I am not sure why this girl falls for my friend. I do hope that they have a happy ending but I am not so confident. I do not want to see my friend heart broken again.

Do you think couples that are very different in status could turn out well?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home