Monday, November 07, 2005

Actively searching for a partner

ipod shuffle wrote :

Dr Love,

A friend of mine has been dating a pretty, successful woman for 9 weeks. The girl is the only child from wealthy family. She is also very smart and attractive, working for one of the biggest law firm in NYC. Gilr like her will not have a problem getting anyone in her life. Whilst my friend is hard to describe. He lives in US for many years, making a lot of money but not sure if he saving any. He never stop looking for woman in his life. He treats his girl friend very well.

Dr Love, I am not sure why this girl falls for my friend. I do hope that they have a happy ending but I am not so confident. I do not want to see my friend heart broken again.

Do you think couples that are very different in status could turn out well?

ipod shuffle replied :

I hope your friend will remain successful in the relationship. Personally I do think people from different status may have challenges, from family, lifestyle or even their view in life.

However, all this really depends on the couple willing to commit and sacrifice. If one could let go of certain imperfections or shortcomings of their partners, things will work out fine.

As for your friend, could it be due to his choosiness? Does he has a big ego and need a partner to match up to that?

Sometimes I find, good things are just in front of us, even presented right on our plate, but we choose to ignore or reject them. We all wants to pursue mr ideal or miss perfect. I don't think it works this way, but that's life :P

1 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 11:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Love, I have a nice girl friend,she is a nice cheerful girl. She can supply me with endorphine, make me laugh most of the times, fun person to be with. But u know, life is sometimes so unfair, she has been hurt by men. Some courted her - when she showed interest, they ran away. Some cheated on her trust ...Why men are so cruel? where is their integrity ? (disclaimer - not all men like this of course - Dr Love is one of the example - i hope :P)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home