Sunday, September 25, 2005

'Sorry' Is The Hardest Thing To Say

Dear all

I want to share with you a book I read recently. These days we have so many people with explosive behavior. All boils down to bad communication.

Very little we realise that the problem was because we do not know how to say 'Sorry' anymore. Once we uphold to our beliefs and our ego, very little we know too we actually belittle ourselves!

Once I was in a plane, I was sitting on seat no. 20A. A lady walked up to me and told me she has 20A too! Then she started to make nasty remarks and try to make me feel guilty. She made a scene out of it, and I can hear loud SIGH from seats behind me (annoying sounds). I stayed calm and asked for her boarding pass and compare. I turned to her and told her boarding pass was a USED stub. She walked away very fast and move to her correct seat, without apologising. However, deep in my heart, she had made a fool out of herself.

The book I had read recommended this - REGRET, REASON & REMEDY! The lady could have stay calm and find out the truth first. If she had the wrong pass, she could have say SORRY (Regret) who knows I may offer her the seat. She could explain it's her who saw it wrongly (REASON), then ppl will think she is a reasonable person instead of a loud mouth woman. And lastly, she could say she will be more careful the next time (REMEDY). And could walk away GRACEFULLY and get the RESPECT.

Well, I hope this little experience of mine will help to explain the 3Rs - REGRET, REASON & REMEDY! Let's not let our emotions take controls of our lives!

2 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger Bahija said...

good sharing :) 3R - cool

 
At 10/07/2005 07:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doktor, I think I know why your blog not famous anymore.. People are reading Kucing Gatal She claimed to be another Agony Aunt but she talks about 18SX stuff.. Wooooooooooooo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home