Thursday, September 15, 2005

Road Rage Vs. Miss World (for World Peace)

Anonymous wrote :

Doktor, yesterday I had a row with my girlfriend. We had dinner and was on our way home. Everything was nice, warm and fuzzy. Then a bitchy reckless driver cut into my path even though I have honked to warn her. In that instant, my blood boiled. I was very angry. I showed the bitch the finger and then I over took her and cut into HER path. I wanted to show her how it felt to be rudely cut in.

My girlfriend was upset! She said I should not do such thing. She claimed that the driver may have cut in unintentionally and I should not show the finger. She questioned what I get out of showing the finger and doing what I did. I said I am angry and I get the satisfaction from my actions. I asked her what's wrong with that?

She said the fact that I was so violent is what's wrong. I said what violence? I am so fedup with her self righteousness. I mean, can't I be angry? Whose side is she on, anyway?

I told her I didn't want to discuss this anymore. I don't want a bitchy driver to cause us to argue for no reason. She said that it will surface again with another driver in the future.

The ride home was silence. I refused to talk to her.

This morning, I told myself that I did nothing wrong and I deserved to be angry at the bitch (driver). I don't have to apologize to my girlfriend. In fact, I think she should reconcile back.

I am aware of all the relationship improvement techniques or how a Venusian think so please don't give me general advice.

Just for the heck of it, just for this one time, I want to act and behave like a normal man. I just want to BE ANGRY and UNFORGIVING!

Can ah?


Doctor Love replied :

Dear Anonymous, many thanks for contributing your experience with us :-)

You have every right to feel angry with the B****H that has overtaken you. However, to put your anger into an action may not be the best thing to do. Can you imagine if you have a kid in your car, will you want your kid grow up this way too?

As for your girlfriend, she has a different perception is resolving things. You may feel upset with her for not supporting you, but she has not done anything wrong either ;-) Are you going to be upset with her because of her NICE nature? Why don't you think in a positive way. You have a kind girlfriend that will not accept violence as a resort to release anger.

You see, we all have different beliefs. And especially couple like you all, you may want to accept the differences. Next time, tell her how you feel and what you want to do before you actually do it. However, I can understand you may just lose it especially in Malaysian Highways. You may apologize first (she may view your earlier action was rude) and tell her why and how you feel. She may give you her thoughts, which you may not agree, but my point is you have to ACCEPT the differences. There may be NOT an instant resolution for this, but at least you are aware of each other's thoughts in the future. Slowly you will come to respect each other thoughts and beliefs.

Anyway, next time when you meet the same situation! Bit your LIPS and HONK!!!!

8 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st, What is the point of getting angry?
2nd, Being angry will get you in trouble.
3rd, That is why there are so many ROAD HOGS with that kind of behaviour.
4th, What if that driver is not a Bi***! And is a man instead. And he return favor to you. Will you get more angrier.
5th, If you are a Malaysian. You should know there are many ignoramous driver.

Be patient!! Pak Yan Sing Kam (chinese proverb)

 
At 9/18/2005 11:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooppss.. corretion..should be ROAD BULLY!! :P

 
At 9/19/2005 07:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one problem you don't see in Singapore and that's road rage. Doctor, do you have road-rage moments too? I mean, you are so nice and patient.. I just wonder..

Anonymous, you are really lucky to find a miss world type of girlfriend. Keep her. Girls like these are hard to come by..

 
At 9/19/2005 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Bahija said...

Anonymous wants to be 'dai lap yan', want to be 'normal' and unforgiving ....Of coz anonymous deserve his right to be angry with the lady driver ... imho, what good does it do for showing 'finger'? when others do wrong or being rude, does that mean you want to do the same ? in this scenario, I will vote for Ms World, for being neutral and so classy loh :)

 
At 9/20/2005 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bahija.. long time no see!
BTW, are you saying this because you are a woman driver yourself? :D

 
At 9/20/2005 12:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MGA, thanks for your compliment. My girlfriend is indeed a nice and rare breed. It's just that, sometimes, IMO, she is living in an unrealistic world where everyone is angelic. I always say to myself, she has to wake up and realize that the world we live in is a harsh one.

But then, she always proves me wrong. She use to say that as long as you treat people nice, people will return the favour by being extra nice to you. Humans, in essence, are nice people, she claimed. So if you are nice to them, it will bring out the nice-ness from these people and we will all live in a better world.

Case in point:
Before I met her, her car was knocked from behind. It was a minor accident. She said the person who knocked her offered to pay for the damages and later they became friends(!) and have been corresponding via emails and such.

Just last week, a girl and her boyfriend knocked her car again. It's another minor accident and her bumper fell off. The girl told my girlfriend to bring the car to this mechanic who is the girl's friend and the mechanic will fix it for her for free. Sure enough, it was a no hassle fix and this girl kept on sms my girl friend to follow up on this issue.

These two incidents showed me that there are Angels(!) in the road in Malaysia and that I should not lose hope. And it sorts of debunked my theory that the realistic world is harsh and give me HOPE that people are generally nice and helpful.

So yeah.. I will try to be nice to people and lady drivers from now on too.. hahhahaa..

Updates: we are ok again.. hehehehehehee :P

- Street Driver

 
At 9/20/2005 02:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been nice to ppl before. There was once, a motorcyclist fell off his machine and was lying on the road, next to his machine. It was late at night and no one stopped. I did and helped and contacted his family members. He's fine now. BUT!!...I still get into accidents where ppl still push me around. Eg. some naza ria driver hit my rear bumper, i ask him to pay, but he insist not paying and ask me to report. AND, he called his relative whose car was infront of mine and he stopped right infront of me and confronted me!! So i had no choice but to report and make insurance claim for a cash repair of only Rm300 I asked for. Tell your gf to keep it up and make sure she lectures this righteousness to everyone.

 
At 9/20/2005 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cruising by, maybe you are not as nice as my girlfriend. Maybe you have a fierce face. So people look at you and they are already defensive.. hahahahaha... you are a male driver, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home