Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Can Friends be Lovers?

MGA wrote :

Interesting blog. Can friends be lovers? Is it possible or is it a doomed relationship from the beginning?

Dr. Love replied :

Hello MGA, thanks for writing in. Besides being friends and doing what friends do, are you his or her TYPE? Same as any other relationships, the feeling has to be MUTUAL.

Don't let any friendship rules (friends cannot be lover)stopped you from going to the next level. Ask yourself this, is your feeling strong for your friend? What about her or him towards you?

Some of us may feel the fear of expressing ourselves because we may feel awkward if our friend turned us down. If you attempted and failed, then LAUGH at yourself. Making fun on our own failures could reduce the tensions! What I would not suggest is Regretting for Not Trying :)

5 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally AGREE :)
Talk it out - jadi good, tak jadi - good also - then the friendship grow stronger - coz there is nothing else that friends cannot openly talk and share liow mah :) hehehehehehe

 
At 6/30/2005 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doctor. Thank you for your response. I don't quite agree with what you said. When both parties are friends there are usually no attraction. For example, I can't imagine kissing my friend on the lips. If there are no attraction, how can we be lovers? Looks at the movie, My Best Friend's Wedding and you will know what I mean.

 
At 6/30/2005 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

Hello MGA,

I understand what you had said. That is why you need to check your real feelings toward him or her :)

Have you seen 'When Harry Met Sally'? :)

 
At 6/30/2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Ringgit Me said...

Doktor Cinta, I tend to agree with MGA. When you are in the friends zone, it is difficult to become lovers because you won't be attracted to your friends anymore. By attraction, I am coming from a physical point of view. And you have to admit, physical attraction plays a big part in a couple. Otherwise, why marry and be a couple? You already have your best friends.

 
At 6/30/2005 06:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Doctor but I have not watch When Harry Met Sally - not a movie person, you see... But I am saying it based on personal experience. Maybe it is an individual thing. To some people, they could love their friends. I just can't do it. Which is sad because I do have a very good friend which I am very comfortable with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home