Friday, July 01, 2005

Religion and Relationship

Religion-freak wrote :

Doktor Love. In my past relationship, I always have a major hurdle: religion. The girls I pursue usually say that I am a nice guy and all but they prefer someone fron the same faith. Some people are unlucky in some other area but religion seems to be my bane in relationship. Don't ask me to convert so that I can be with the girl because to me religion is very personally and I am not like other guys who will convert just to be with the girls.

Am I cursed? What can I do? Currently I am eyeing this particular girl but she has a religion and I am really worried that it will affect our relationship. Please advice.

Dr. Love replied :

Hello Religion-freak, thanks for your question. OK boy boy boy! You sure have an interesting question :-)

Alrighty, well when it comes to things like religion, it can be a bit sensitive neh! However, there were several factors you should take into considerations before you pursue or date the person. Is the person religious upbringing is strong? Is the family against you if you are from a different religion?

If your answers are yes to all the above, then to maintain this relationship is going to be an uphill task. Besides, you have no interest to be converted to your partner's religion, that's a double whammy!

However, if you really insisted she or he is the ONE, then this will involved some kind of SACRIFICES! However, have you thought of a place where it's NEUTRAL and you can exercise a choice?

(ATTN: All actions taken by patients have nothing to do with Dr. Love ya!)

5 Comments:

At 7/01/2005 03:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean as in eloping to another country?

 
At 7/01/2005 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

Let's not use the word ELOPE! How about GREENER PASTURE :-)

 
At 7/01/2005 04:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctor Love, one can only elope when the other partner loves one enough to elope. My problem is I have not even reach that eloping stage. So, if the girl is a strict believer of her religion and do not want to continue with me, does that me she is not giving me and herself a chance? Perhaps I should not even consider it at all. Should I give up?

 
At 7/01/2005 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

If she is not willing to give you a chance! Don't force.

Dr. Love believes FORCE HAS NO HAPPINESS :-)

 
At 7/05/2005 08:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a couple has different religion, it will create problem eventually. Even if the girl wants to be with you, you still have to be mentally prepared when the time comes for you to face your challenge, to choose one to another. It is hard. God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home