Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sacrifices means Love?

Maggi Goreng Ayam wrote :

Doktor.. I have a question. My question is: "What exactly is love?"

People say that if you are willing to sacrifice your life for another person, that means you love that person. Is that true?

How do I know if I love my boyfriend?

Doctor Love replied :

Dearest maggi goreng ayam, where have you been, haven't seen you around for a longest time ;-) I am glad you are my first patient who wrote in for the month of September :-)

Love ... what exactly is love. I will share with you how I perceive the meaning of love, as I could not describe Love in one single sentence. First of all, love is not just for your special partner, but Yourself, your family, your friends and in actual fact to everyone around us.

How do I achieve those feelings? I will not use the word sacrifice (may sound like you expect return). However, being an Average Joe or Plain Jane who lives in this planet, we should treat each other with kindness and fairness. We strive to do that, not easy but at least we try. Also, do not expect any RETURNS. Through this act, little that you know you will receive Appreciation and then Love. People start to care about you, people start NOTICING and FEELING comfortable about you. AND THEN along the way you may meet your White Horse or Barbie Doll. Love Evolves!

In other word, all along you may be willingly spending your time with people around you without your knowledge. We should not just single out one person that we love and ignore the rest. However, I agree if you need to put your partner on the Priority List.

How do you know you Love your BF? I always tell my friends, if you want to know whether you love your bf or gf. Would you able to stand him or her farting on the same bed, or snore like an orchestra in the bedroom? Love is give and take. If you are not willing to do that, then you should start questioning yourself again, if this person you really Love?

Therefore, maggi goreng ayam, sometimes, we should remain relax. Only this, we can see things clearly in our mind. We see the true colors of our partner. I hope you and your bf well ;-)

6 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 09:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean that love is all about giving and not receiving?

 
At 9/01/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

Dear Ringgit

If you have receiving in mind, then you will never be satisfied. You will always feel it does not measure up to your expectations. So in a way yes, give and if there are returns, then smile ;-)

 
At 9/01/2005 09:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctor.. I mean, I am dating now.. there's this nice feeling I have towards the man. Is this love? How would I know? My friend asked me if I really love him. How can I tell if what I feel is love and not just a normal feeling? You get what I mean or not?

 
At 9/02/2005 08:11:00 AM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

Maggi Mee Goreng

You sounded like 2 possibilities : 1. You feel comfortable with this man thus you stick to him,
2. You really love him, and you put effort, time, and care for this man.

However, in my experience, if during this stage of time, and both of you have tendency to look for OTHERS, then there is possibilities you are under (1) above.

Usually, people in love, will commit to their partner especially during early stage of relationship.

 
At 9/06/2005 04:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doktor, I just wanted to clarify something more. As you know, I am not sure myself which is why I am asking for advice. Are you saying that as long as I care and put in the time and effort to meet and see him, I love him? I mean, I do have my own activities that I do in my free time like going to gym, facial or going out with my girlfriends. But I do make time for him also. Does that mean I care and give time and effort to him? Is this love?

 
At 9/09/2005 02:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maggi ayam goreng

OK, probably I tell you how i know when it's love. When friend asked me if I am in love, and if I am sure of that. I answered this ..

I admire him/her very much because of his/her knowledge. I like his/her attitude and we respect each other differences. Besides he/she is open and I know I can approach him/her anytime when I need to talk to.

When I am sick, he/she shows concern, and ready to put everything behind him/her and care for me. The bind is strong, almost inseparable. The communication is always there and we have no problem agree or disagree with each other, as long as we are honest about it.

We may do our own things, but we communicate it clearly to each other. It shouldn't be a suprised or treated as an ignorance.

Frankly speaking, it's the SPECIAL FEELING in you. Only you could tell that. If you feel that you are PUTTING UP then it may not be Love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home