Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Match making makes me MAD!

Cavewoman (mad and sleepless) wrote :

Doktor Love

I was just off the phone with my mum. I was shocked that she was trying to match me up. She asked if I mind meeting the guy ....Gosh, my very first reaction - was so angry - i told her off..... Second thought - I was upset with her as well. Third thought - what is this ? Do I have to go thru this crap ? She took me by surprise, I am not 'thankful' or feeling happy at all when she asked me this question ...why ?

I guess I am so embarassed that - I have reached the point that my parent has to do something to match made me ......oh gosh .- unbelievable - i was totally shocked , and mad as well. At this point, I don't feel the love of my parent for caring for me, worrying me that I remain single ....instead I am extremely angry, I may be dissappointed with my parent or myself ( i dunno ) .....i guess i also feel I'm a failure - for reaching at this level ............geeeeeeeeee, this is sucks !!!! WHY ???????

Doctor Love replied :

Dear cavewoman, breath in breath out! Now tell yourself to calm down ya. Stay cool. OK let's analyse why this happened.

First of all, I think we are living in this 21st century where everyone was too busy with their career. Most of us are so confident and we think the RIGHT ONE will turn up easily. However, as we grow older and single, we proved to ourselves WRONG! Sometimes it does not work this way! For those who MADE IT! Good on you :-) For those who are still single will become worry and so will your FAMILY members.

I think it's very natural when your parents see their beloved child, kind hearted, happy and bubbly but could not meet the right one. If I am the parents I will feel sad. Our parents will grow older too don't forget! Every parent want the best for their child and hopefully the RIGHT one will look after you for the rest of your LIFE! Happy and be Loved!

For your case, cavewoman, at least your parent ASKED your permission first. I viewed your parent still respecting your choice. I am sure if you say NO to them, they will not FORCE you to meet this blind date. I think what you said it's right. You are at the state of EMBARRASEMENT! You are supposed to be Miss Confidence, and this news turned your inner feelings upside down! Well, just accept the embarrassment, but stay cool. Don't view this as a FAILURE in your LIFE. It is nobody faults if you can't find Mr Right at this point in life. Well at least you don't rush into things and regret with your decision later.

Well, if I were you, I will think of our parent as our friend. We introduce potential friends to our close friend too. Hoping they will become a successful couple. We should be glad, we were given a choice and the final decision is still in our hand ;-)

9 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 10:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cavewoman, your mum just trying to help out in her own way. Her approach was not what you appreciate but it shows that she cares and loves you. Just tell her nicely that these are the things that you will take care of yourself and she need not worry.

 
At 7/26/2005 11:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cavewoman, I understand how you feel. If you could recall that I wrote in one of my journals on how my mom came to the conclusion that my liking of travelling and overseas vacation equalled to my unwillingness to marry.

Parents are like that I guess. They worry and then they do things out of this world. Perhaps you can reassure them that you are going out on dates often - just that they don't work out. Perhaps they don't know that you are trying so they jumped to the conclusion that you are not doing anything - so they decided to put their hands into your matters.

 
At 7/26/2005 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fear for myself too, Cavewoman. I hope my parents will not do this to me... brrrrrrrrrrrr

 
At 7/26/2005 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Mr Thick Skin's parents will match make for him. Where is he now, Doktor Cinta?

 
At 7/26/2005 03:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cavewoman.. be strong and pray to God and put your trust onto Him...

 
At 7/26/2005 03:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. TS seems to have gone MIA...else, he may wanna get in touch with ipod shuffle, ringgit and mga since now it shows all 3 of u is still single..oopps

 
At 7/26/2005 03:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not forgetting cavewoman

 
At 7/28/2005 06:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saya ni, lelaki, Mr Cruising By.. :P

 
At 8/01/2005 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cavewoman, i dunno wat else to say cos it seem everyone had said i want to say. So...be happy dun worry!!..your 'yuen fan' (fate) will come.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home