Monday, August 22, 2005

Appreciate Your Love Ones

Hello all I want to share with you a program I had watched last night. For those who live in Malaysia, may have heard of the TV program call 'Finding Angels' on NTV7, every Sunday 6pm. The program usually introduces a poor family which needs help and hoping some Good Samaritan out there will answer to their call. I had been watching the program all along but of course it can be a very depressing at times. However, yesterday program was exceptionally touching.

The program was recorded 3 weeks ago before it went live. It was about a family of 3, Mr. Li, Fiona (Mrs. Li) and their only daughter. The Li family is successful in business running projects for housing developers. Just 1 week before this program went live, Mr. Li passed away. And his plea was recorded for the program last night.

Basically, Mr. Li was dying of cancer, and bed ridden. Before he left the family he wanted the housing developers who owe him money to pay up. The money is important to him because it was for his wife Fiona and the daughter’s future. Therefore, he hoped someone out there could help him to get back their entitlements.

The recording was played in front of his wife Fiona in a TV studio. You can see her dabbing her tears away every time the husband spoke on the TV. At one scene, the TV recorded a special message for the wife (without Fiona knowing). With almost a lifeless glance, the husband thanked Fiona for putting up with his sickness for the last 3 years and always being there when he needed her. At the time of the recording, he mentioned that he refused to give up Life. The wife sobbed uncontrollably.

The emotions ran high on the program last night. At the back of my mind, I kept thinking how much this couple has suffered and their love for each other must be very strong at this stage in their life. They are hardworking couple who made money to meet their needs, but dishonest businessman seeing this an opportunity to get away from paying them.

After the program, I felt like calling my family and friends, telling them how sorry I am. On the other hand, we have couples who are always not satisfy with each other and end up breaking up. How about this couple? The wife could easily walk away and retired from attending to his sick husband. Or the husband could leave the wife without fighting for injustice for the sake of the family's future. Instead they choose to live Life together eventhough there is little hope to live for Mr. Li.

I came to a conclusion (at least a reminder to myself) that we always take our family or partners for granted. I can be a very ignorant person, simply because I could walk, talk and eat daily. At times, I am proud of myself and I don't need others' help. We stopped appreciating and communicating with people around us, because they don't comply with our needs or beliefs. There is really lack of love surrounding our society today. Program like ‘Finding Angels’ made me realized how lucky I am. I hope people will continue to practice compassions and love their enemies. We may not able to stop a war today but we are able to change our life and others surrounding us. Hugs from Doctor Love...

11 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 05:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said Doc! This world needs more people like you.

 
At 8/22/2005 05:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clap!clap!clap!clap! :)

 
At 8/23/2005 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doktor, are you all talk only (and no action)? Sometimes, it's easier to just talk (or type, in your case)

 
At 8/23/2005 10:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Religious-Freak, you want a HUG from me is it ? ;-)

Well one way to do this is to do charity work ;-) You get to contribute to the communities.

 
At 8/23/2005 05:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have that hug???

 
At 8/29/2005 09:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear MGA

Here you go, hugs from Doctor Love and all the readers out here ;-)

September is coming, will post another case study soon :-)

For those with questions on love, do write to me ya ;-)

 
At 8/30/2005 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doc, I think your popularity level has dwindled drastically...

 
At 8/30/2005 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ringgit

Many thanks for your concerns ;-) Well let's be positive! If my fans did not write to me which means there were no LOVE Problems at the moment ;-)

Anyhow, I will continue to post a case study at least Once a Month. Watch out for the next one in early September ;-)

 
At 9/01/2005 08:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doktor.. I have a question. My question is: "What exactly is love?" People say that if you are willing to sacrifice your life for another person, that means you love that person. Is that true? How do I know if I love my boyfriend?

 
At 9/01/2005 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Kiasu-Ching said...

Hi Piggy Twister

My Master of Common Sense has been granted by my teachers mainly my parents ;-)

Yes, widely recognised at home :-)

 
At 9/01/2005 10:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doktor Love, I have a friend. He's 3 years older than I am. He's still single and very much available. However, he shows no inclination of settling down. Not even the want or need to have a gf.. or bf for that matter. I know some single people but usually they are single not by choice but by circumstances and these people yearns for companionship... but my friend has no such interest. Is it because he's content with himself? Is it normal to be content and not to yearn for a companion?

Please advice my friend.

To any of Dr Love's readers .. if you want to know my friend, let me know. Maybe I can hook you up with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home