Thursday, July 21, 2005

No Flowers No 'I Love U'

maggi mee goreng wrote :

Doktor Cinta, a friend referred me to your blog. I have a cinta issue. I met my current boyfriend two months ago. We met during a trip/vacation. After the trip we went out on a few dates. During one of them, in a movie, he grabbed my hand and I allowed it. I guess we are on from there onwards and we have been going steady for the past 2 months.

The thing is, doktor cinta, he never once told me he loves (or likes) me. He did not take me back to see his parents nor his friends. He hardly calls but sms me a lot. I know he's a shy person, but after 2 months and no i-love-yous, I get worried. I didn't receive any flowers from him too. Is he for real?

I just wanted to add that he's not stingy type. I have also asked him how come he never bought me any flowers and he said it is so old fashioned. Obviously he has not read your "How to show Affections to a girl?" post! GRRR!

Doctor Love replied :

Hey maggi mee goreng! That's my favorite food actually :P Thanks for writing in, and I hope you have time to catch up with other topics we had shared in this blog.

OK girl! Your issue here sounds like you don't feel secure and special as a girlfriend to this boy. It seems your boyfriend may have a different way of expressing his love to you.

Well let me ask you this. If he did not say 'I Love U' or give you any flowers, does he do other things to make you happy? For example, I had seen couple who always go out to interesting places for food (cheap or fine dining). They will travel around together to find good food. Or go to movies which both of them loved to do very much. What important here is if you guys share some common things, and do you enjoy doing it together?

I know how you feel girl, and you have the rights to do so. Girls are like a pot of flowers, they need to be watered from time to time. However, 2 months in a relationship is not very long. Why don't you take a deep breath, relax and enjoy his companionship. Once you know each other well enough, speak to him. Hint: You need to handle this carefully. Don't make it sound like a COMPLAIN. Stay calm, and tell him how you FEEL. You may be surprised he may have done something he thinks which is special but you may not be aware of? If you are not comfortable to speak to him, then get him to read the blog on ‘Affections’, hear what he has to say? :-)

I had met friends who do not know how to express himself at all. However, it does not mean he doesn't love the girl. It's just him and he loved his partner in a different way.

Any readers out there had the same experiences?

hnvn

7 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in my opinion, if guys never call during first stage of relationship (first 3 months), the guy might have some problem. He wanna save on phone bill, or he doesnt like to hear your voice, or he scared somebody know he is talking on phone or is he being with somebody and not convenient to talk on phone ???

 
At 7/23/2005 01:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Love, Thanks for your advice.
Anonymous.. hmm.. you could be right. I AM Worried!!!

 
At 7/25/2005 11:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's unfair to say that. How did you show him affections then? These days, females always wanna be equal. so, why not u do it 1st? do something that really touches him, IF you LOVE him.
Maybe he comms better that way using SMS?

 
At 7/25/2005 12:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maggi,
if u feel insecure, maybe he feels insecure too? anyway, it's only 2mths old. Why did u let him hold ur hands? I assume you would hv known him for quite some time already since you all went for trip, then only started dating. Meaning, from friends to lovers. So, sometimes, turning from frens to lovers, you may end up being in a NOT so "romantic" relationship. I think both of you are thinking "are we really lovers now??"

 
At 7/25/2005 08:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I met him in a trip/vacation. After the vacation we kept in touch and went for a couple of dates. In one of the dates, he held my hands and I allowed him. I like him. He likes me. So we have been dating for 2 months. But he has never said "I love you" to me nor did he often call me on the phone. He sms me a lot though. I have not received flowers or gifts from him. It's not normal, I know.. but he's also a shy person. But then, how could one be so wood? There's not much affection shown.. should I worry?

 
At 7/26/2005 03:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe he's wood, u're the soil/ground, u both complement each other? The wood he is, cud look boring, plain brown. With quality soil like u, giving him support, he may blossom. Unless you don't wanna give ur best into this relationship, then, too bad then. It's always a challenge, you may find some other guy saying more "i love u" but then, he may be saying to a few other girls at the same time. How? SOme guy buys you red roses and buys another pink roses. How? It's how you want to grow this relationship.

 
At 7/27/2005 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Maggi,
i strongly believes that.. when u feel something not right at yr heart, u shd listen to it!

unless this is yr first time dating.. then u have no comparison! No guy will not call often in the first 3 months of relationship.. that sounds really weird to me. Unless he is super busy guy or he just simply hiding something?

i may sound negative on this, but i suggest u to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home